Friday, May 2, 2008

A Little Help From My Friends


Heart Rate = 165

MPH = 7.1

Time = 5:19 am


So I'm on the treadmill close to the end of my run. Each treadmill has it's own little flat screen tv with your own controls. I started my run with MTV a little Radiohead, then Death Cab, then some Snoop D O Double G. Half-way through Snoop I flipped it to VH1 to catch some Counting Crows.


Side note: If you want to watch actual videos on MTV or VH1 of bands that are actually good, you have to watch them at 5am.


Side note 2.0: This is reason number 248 why I go to the gym, because I have ghetto cable with only 25 channels; 2 of which are shopping channels, then all of the major networks have 2 channels each, a spanish channel, and something called ESPN, anyway so I really get 4 channels when it is all said and done. So I go to the gym to watch VH1, Chelsea Lately, Talk Soup, History Channel, Top Chef, and Fox News (Side note 2.1 just kidding on FN, ever since the excluded Ron Paul from a Rep Debate FN can bite me)


Where was I? Oh yeah, so 19 minutes have past, 6 more to go. This is when I need something to draw me away from the fact that I am actually running. I flip back to MTV, regular MTV, and who should be on my screen but The Myriad singing Clean Shot. I beamed with pride, wishing everyone the the world were up watching MTV right then.


They used to play at the Chameleon Club and we would put them up for the night. One night John Roger and I sat on my front porch sharing a bottle of a nice dry Cabernet discussing theology and culture til the wee hours of the morning. As Regina Spektor sings, "So sweet and juicy!" They just played Philly last week, but I wasn't able to go.


Cheers!!!


7 comments:

trisha loves to paint said...

miss you guys a ton!!!

Josh H. said...

good to see you working out...see, you deserve a smokey treat for being such a good guy ;)
did i mention that the myriad opened up for my band...numerous times? :)

Jeff Yoder said...

Trishipants,
We miss you too!!!

Erica said...

My favorite Myriad song to run on the treadmill to is the one that goes, lets get out, let's get out of this place. Totally impossible but it makes me feel better.
Hey Jeff, it's fun to be a part of your life again.

Anonymous said...

This has been totally fun catching up with you guys too. I think we are going to cut Eden's hair like Ava's.

Jeff.

Shannon said...

I loved this blog...I love all the side notes!

jered said...

Nice pace on the 'mill.

My power song is "We Win!" by dc*b. But your 'box of tangerines' sounds marvelous, too.