Saturday, May 3, 2008

Effin Blog

Fireworks, Fabulous Friends, First Friday, Fun:

What did you think the title meant?

In the past couple of years they built a minor league baseball park three blocks from my house. They just had their first game and finished with fireworks. I have a bay window on the second floor of my house and Eden and I watch the fireworks from there. It's fun.




Every First Friday of the month all of the art galleries downtown have artist receptions and new art. So every First Friday my parents watch the kids and we have a few friends over for a martini or a glass of wine and then walk down to the galleries. We end up eating out or coming back to our house for food. Sometimes there are 6 of us and sometimes there are 15. It is always a blast.

10 comments:

trisha loves to paint said...

oh...how i wish i could be there with you!

Josh H. said...

you would have more fun with us jeff...back off trisha! :)

Josh H. said...

jeff, check out monergism.com

you will love it!

Jeff Yoder said...

Oh, I know all about monergism.com. Les and I discovered that jewel a few years ago. Love it.

Jeff.

Shannon said...

I want to come too....Josh hop in the car, bring about 50 bucks (for your 44oz Dr. Peppers and let all join the Yoders next month!

nathan said...

jeff yoder ... how I wish we lived closer ... you are missed ...

J.B. said...

Hey Jeff,

Great to read you here too. Your kids are beautiful.

I've been on a pretty wild spiritual journey the last few years as well . . . it led me to the Eastern Orthodox Church, "pre-modern, not post-modern" as I like to say. It's been a life-changing breath of fresh air.

At the risk of sounding sappy, I know we don't know each other very well but thanks for your friendship and support to me a few years back. It was appreciated.

Alexis said...

Hey there Yoders, Sorry took so long to get back on here to talk to you guys! I am very very jealous of your First Friday. We do not have anything like that out here although Moscow claims to be the Heart of the Arts. I am not totally convinced about that. See you at the wedding! Fashaw!
:)

trisha loves to paint said...

update!!!!!!!!!!

Abby said...

Very fun. I'm jealous, though we do have a few of our own "galleries" here, you know.