Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Generations

Last weekend we went to visit my grandfather, my dad's dad, in a nursing home. Ever since the car accident over a month ago Grandpa hasn't been home. Here you can see 4 generations of Yoder men:



Abraham Samuel Yoder 93, Titus Abraham Yoder 64, Jeffrey Scott Yoder 32, Aksel Charles Titus Yoder 2.

God has been faithful to us and He remains steadfast in His care over our fragile humanity.

My Grandpa was born on April 9, 1915 and grew up Amish. He was saved at 39 or 40. Most of his life he farmed. He raised my dad to trust and love God and the church. A heritage for which I am most grateful. In 1995, 80 years after he was born, he went to Zimbabwe to be a missionary. Several years ago they moved to Arizona to be house parents at half-way house. Now they are back in Pennsylvania.

He is ready to see the Lord face to face. I'm excited for him.

The second pic is the house I remember my Grandpa living in when I was little. There were pigs and cows and chickens. A water pump was right outside the kitchen and I still remember the old outhouse in the back yard.

4 comments:

Josh H. said...

your post made my day jeff. good job.

J.B. said...

Oh man. I'll never forget sitting there in that Starbucks, with either of us unable to say anything but variations of "I can't believe that just happened" for a solid half an hour. That is something I will always remember. And it is a memory that will probably be followed by a stream of explitives usually (sorry this comment wasn't about your post, which was nice btw).

Grace said...

How cool.

Abby said...

That is a sweet post.